1 lb. Farmer John® Hot Louisiana Sausage3 Tbsp. Olive Oil1/2 cup Butter2 large Yellow Onions chopped1/2 cup Celery chopped1 large Green Bell Pepper chopped1 large Red Bell Pepper chopped2 tsps. fresh Garlic minced1 cup Mushrooms sliced3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour28 oz. canned Crushed Tomatoes1/2 cup Chicken Broth2 large Bay Leaves2 Tbsp. dried Thyme2 tsp. Salt1 tsp. Black Pepper1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper1 lb. Medium-Sized Raw Shrimp peeled and deveined1/4 cup fresh Parsley chopped4 cups White Rice cooked8 12 inch Mission® Flour Tortillas1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
Receta para preparar Jambalaya estilo Louisiana
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet. Sauté sausage until browned.
2. Add onions, celery and bell peppers, sauté 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Add flour and cook for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice and chicken broth. Add bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper and cayenne. Continue to cook until thick, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Cover and place in oven for 45 minutes. Stir shrimp and parsley into Jambalaya, continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Place 1/2 cup of white rice and 1 cup of Jambalaya on each tortilla. Garnish with cheese. Wrap and serve.
Enjoy this delicious jambalaya recipe!