Authentic Caribbean Rice and Beans Recipe
12 to 18 Flour Tortillas warmed15 oz. can Black Beans drained1/2 large Red Onion thinly sliced2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar1 Tbsp. Olive Oil1 White Onion finely chopped4 large cloves of Garlic chopped1 cup Arborio Rice3 1/2 cups low salt Chicken Broth1/2 cup dry White Wine2 large Bay Leaves1/2 tsp. Turmeric1/8 tsp. (or more) Cayenne Pepper
1. Combine beans, red onion and vinegar in medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat. Add white onion and garlic and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add rice and stir 1 minute to coat with onion mixture. Add broth, wine, bay leaves, turmeric and cayenne pepper and blend well.
4. Bring mixture to boil; stir well. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne. Spoon rice onto platter. Arrange beans and onion garnish alongside. Serve with warm flour tortillas.
Enjoy this delicious Caribbean Rice and Beans Mexican recipe!