Eggplant Tomato and Feta Sandwiches
2 cloves of Garlic minced1 small Eggplant2 Tbsp. Olive Oil3 small Tomatoes sliced1 cup fresh Basil3 oz. crumbled Feta Cheese1 1/2 Tbsp. white Balsamic Vinegar1/2 tsp. freshly ground Pepper2 Mission® Flour TortillasAssorted Greens
1. Cut eggplant lengthwise into 6 (1/2-inch-thick) slices; sprinkle cut slices with salt. Place in a single layer on paper towels; let stand 1 hour.
2. Stir together garlic and olive oil; let stand 5 minutes.
3. Rinse eggplant with water, and pat dry. Brush eggplant and tomato with garlic mixture. Place eggplant in a single layer on baking sheets.
4. Broil eggplant 5 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 3 minutes on each side; cool.
5. Place basil leaves on tortillas. Top evenly with cheese, eggplant, and tomato. Drizzle with vinegar, and sprinkle with pepper. Roll up, and cut diagonally in half. Serve with salad greens, if desired.
Enjoy this delicious eggplant Mexican recipe!