Chicken and Tortilla Casserole Recipe
12 Flour Tortillas cut into fourths2 6-8 oz boneless, skinless Chicken Breast2 cans Green Chiles diced1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup1-1/2 cups grated Cheddar Cheese1-1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack Cheese1 cup Vegetable Oil2 tsp. Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 2 breast chicken in a 5 quart pot and add water to cover. Add salt to water and boil for 20 minutes.
2. While chicken is boiling, fry tortillas until crisp and slightly brown. Drain on paper towels. When chicken is boiled, let cool slightly and shred.
3. In a medium casserole dish, place a layer of tortilla chips on the bottom. Cover chips with half of the shredded chicken. Pour half of the soup over the chicken and spread evenly until chicken is covered.
4. Take one can of green chilies and spread them evenly over the casserole. Combine cheeses and cover casserole with half of it. Repeat layering steps once more, and place casserole in oven for 15 minutes. Let cool for five minutes and serve with remaining chips.
5. Great with homemade Black Bean Salsa.
Enjoy this delicious chicken tortilla casserole Mexican recipe!