Salsa Verde - Mexican Green Salsas
Salsa Verde is a delicious Mexican green salsa made with chile peppers, lime juice, onion, cilantro and Tomatillo pronounced [toe-mah-TEE-yo]. Tomatillos are green round and plump covered with a husk and they were fist cultivated by the Aztecs. The name “tomatillo” comes from the Aztec word “miltomatl” which translates to “round and plump with paper.” Tomatillos have a slight tart taste, they are also known as Mexican tomatoes or husk tomatoes and they are the key ingredient in the famous Mexican salsa verde. To make salsa verde make sure your tomatillos are green with green husks; a yellow tomatillo with a brown husk means is past its prime. The husks maintain the freshness of the tomatillo so make sure to remove them only until you are ready to cook with them.
The differences between salsa verde and red salsa are that green salsas are milder than red salsas and they are made with Tomatillos instead of red tomatoes. What makes green salsa stand out is the zesty, tangy flavor with roasted green chile and onion undertones. Green salsa goes excellent with corn chips, tacos, burritos, tostadas, and over eggs.
Buy SALSA VERDE
from MexGrocer.com and make wonderful recipes like Homemade Salsa Verde
, Chicken in Salsa Verde
, Grilled Swordfish with Salsa Verde
, Zesty Relleno Bites
or Enchiladas enchiladas & Chilaquiles
. For your recipe, you will need to choose one of these Salsa Verde
products below:La Victoria
– Prepare delicious enchiladas, and chilaquiles with La Victoria chunky and jalapena green salsas. Pour on your eggs, tacos, tostadas, molletes, sopes and tamales. To give incredible flavor to your tacos, tostadas, sopes, and tamales try La Victoria green taco sauce, in either glass or squeezable bottle.Herdez
– Delicious salsa verde in a jar and a can! Made with the same ingredients as the Herdez Salsa Casera, except Herdez green salsas get their fruity, tangy and unique flavor from the Tomatillos, making it Mexico’s favorite green salsa, and its available to you here at MexGrocer. Pour on quesadillas, tacos, eggs, tostadas, molletes, tamales and anything you want green salsa on.Embasa
– Get the delicious flavors of Mexico in a can with Embasa green salsa. Create amazing dishes like enchiladas, chilaquiles and chicken in salsa verde that will be loved by your friends and family!La Costena
– Mexican green sauce made with the finest jalapeno peppers, tomatillos, onion and cilantro perfectly grinded and seasoned with salt and condiments of the highest quality. Green salsas from La Costena, highlights the flavor of your dishes and like their slogan, if it’s La Costena, it has to be good!Mi Viejita
– Elaborated with an exact combination of onion, tomatillos, coriander, spices and Serrano peppers. Just add water, mix and you have a delicious salsa to enjoy as a snack or dip with tortilla chips, as well as a garnish for tacos, fajitas, burritos, quesadillas, eggs, nachos, molletes, and tostadas.
For other delicious green salsas to make delicious dishes or simply pour it on your quesadillas, tacos, tostadas or molletes try Goya
green sauce and San Marcos
green sauce!Salsa Lovers Kits
Salsa lovers gift pack & The grande picante lovers gift pack, are perfect for that special salsa-lover or aspiring Mexican Chef on your shopping list. Remember, Mexican Food is dull and boring without salsa. Salsa is a must on every Mexican household! Try these on quesadillas, molletes, eggs, meats, pork, chicken, fish, tacos, tostadas, sopes and tamales. Enjoy and spice up your life in the process!