4 Flour Tortillas12 oz. fat free Ground Turkey3 Tbsp. Lawry's Taco Seasoning Mix1/3 cup Tomato Paste1/4 + 1/3 cup Water divided1-1/2 cups fat free Mexican Cheese shredded1/3 cup Salsa
Turkey Taco Pie Mexican Recipe with Flour Tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 8 inch baking dish with nonfat cooking spray. Lightly spray large nonstick skillet with nonfat cooking spray and heat over Medium heat.
2. Add turkey to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until turkey is no longer pink and is cooked through; remove from heat and drain turkey.
3. Reduce heat to Medium and place skillet on stove. Add 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water to turkey; cook over low heat 10-15 minutes.
4. Combine salsa, tomato paste, 1/3 cup water and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning in a medium bowl; mix until blended.
5. Cut tortillas in quarters. Arrange tortillas in a single layer on the bottom of baking dish. Spread 1/3 cup salsa mixture on tortillas; top with 1/3 turkey mixture and top with 1/2 cup cheese.
6. Repeat layers, ending with cheese on top. Lightly spray foil with nonfat cooking spray and cover dish tightly. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove foil and bake 5-7 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes; cut into squares and serve with additional salsa, if desired.
Enjoy this delicious turkey and cheese taco pie Mexican recipe!