Courtesy of Mission Foods
|Recipe Ingredients: |
12 to 18 Mission® Flour Tortillas warmed
15 oz. can Black Beans drained
1/2 large Red Onion thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 White Onion finely chopped
4 large cloves of Garlic chopped
1 cup Arborio Rice
3 1/2 cups low salt Chicken Broth
1/2 cup dry White Wine
2 large Bay Leaves
1/2 tsp. Turmeric
1/8 tsp. (or more) Cayenne Pepper
|Recipe Instructions: |
1. Combine beans, red onion and vinegar in medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat. Add white onion and garlic and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add rice and stir 1 minute to coat with onion mixture. Add broth, wine, bay leaves, turmeric and cayenne pepper and blend well.
4. Bring mixture to boil; stir well. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne. Spoon rice onto platter. Arrange beans and onion garnish alongside. Serve with warm flour tortillas.
Enjoy this delicious Caribbean Rice and Beans Mexican recipe!
Type of recipe: Vegetarian
| Preparation Time (min): |
| Cook Time (min): 25 |
| Prep Tool: Stovetop |