Courtesy of Mission Foods
|Recipe Ingredients: |
16 Mission® Fajita Size Flour Tortillas
4-4 oz. boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Tbsp. ground Chile Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1-1/2 bunch Cilantro
1 bunch Parsley
1/4 cup Corn Oil
6 cloves Garlic
4 Shallots finely chopped
3 ripe Tomatoes
1/2 Red Onion chopped
1 (10-oz.) can Black Beans
1 jar Mission® Salsa
2 ripe Avocados peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
Garlic Powder to taste
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
1 pkg. crumbled Queso Fresco (fresh, white Mexican cheese available in most grocery stores)
|Recipe Instructions: |
1. CHICKEN FILLING: Season chicken breasts with chili powder, salt and pepper and grill. While chicken is grilling, squeeze the juice of one orange onto the meat. When the chicken is done, chop into small chunks.
2. PESTO FILLING: Blend one bunch of cilantro, one bunch of parsley, 4 cloves of garlic, 2 shallots, 1/4 cup corn oil and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor or blender until smooth.
3. MARINARA SAUCE FILLING: Cook 3 chopped ripe tomatoes, 1/2 chopped red onion, 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 2 chopped shallots, orange juice to taste and salt and pepper to taste in a small saucepan until tender.
4. BLACK BEAN SALSA FILLING: Blend one can of drained black beans and one jar of salsa in a blender.
5. AVOCADO TOPPING: With a fork, gently mash together the coarsely chopped ripe avocados, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
6. CHEESE FILLING: Mix queso fresco and jack cheese together in a bowl. You may substitute fresh (not shrink-wrapped) Mozzarella cheese if queso fresco is unavailable.
7. Using 4"" round mold, cut 4 circles for each serving. Make sure to spray the ring with oil. You will need 4 molds, one for each serving. Using the mold, place one cut tortilla on the bottom, add a spoonful of marinara sauce and a spoonful of the cheese mixture. Add another tortilla round to the mold, a spoonful of pesto and of the cheese mixture. Add another tortilla round to the mold, a spoonful of chicken, a spoonful of the black bean salsa and a spoonful of the cheese mixture. For the final layer, add another tortilla round and top with cheese mixture and bake for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees F.
8. Remove molds from oven and remove the individual lasagna servings from the molds by using a knife to cut around the edge. Place on a plate. Top each lasagne with the avocado mixture. Drizzle the plate with black bean salsa and the remaining pesto. Serve immediately.
Enjoy this delicious fiesta lasagna Mexican recipe!
Type of recipe: Poultry
| Preparation Time (min): 18 |
| Cook Time (min): 12 |
| Prep Tool: Oven |