3/4 cups Frozen Orange Juice or Grapefruit Juice Concentrate, thawed1 or 2 fresh Jalapenos seeded and chopped1 tsp. Paprika1 to 1-1/2 lb. Beef Flank Steak1/4 cup thinly sliced Scallions or Green Onions2 Tbsp. snipped Parsley1 Tbsp. Lime Juice2 Oranges peeled, seeded and chopped1 Grapefruit peeled, seeded and chopped6 Mission® Soft Taco Size Flour Tortillas warmed
Marinated Steak with Citrus Salsa Mexican Recipe
1. For marinade, in a small bowl combine thawed concentrate, chopped jalapeño pepper, paprika and 1 tsp. black pepper. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the mixture for the salsa. Add 1/2 cup water to the remaining mixture.
2. Score flank steak by making shallow cuts at 1-inch intervals diagonally across steak in a diamond pattern. Repeat on second side. Place in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over steak; close bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
3. For salsa, in a nonmetallic bowl stir together the reserved 2 Tbsp. marinade mixture, onion, parsley, lime juice and dash of salt. Add chopped citrus fruit; stir gently. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
4. To Grill: Remove meat from bag. Discard marinade. Place steak on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill, turning once, allowing 12 to 14 minutes for medium-rare.
5. To Broil: Remove meat from bag. Discard marinade. Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 inches from heat for 6 minutes. Turn and broil 7 to 8 minutes more for medium-rare.
6. To serve, thinly slice meat. Serve with salsa and warmed tortillas.
Enjoy this delicious marinated steak with citrus salsa Mexican recipe!