8 Corn Tortillas1 1/4 lb. Breast of Chicken skinned and boned1 1/2 Tbsp. Onion chopped1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh Cilantro chopped1 Jalapeno Pepper seeded and minced3- 10 oz. cans Enchilada Sauce1 1/2 cups reduced-fat, Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded1/2 cup Tomatoes diced1/3 cup Ripe Olives sliced4 cups Iceberg Lettuce thinly sliced
Enchiladas de Pollo Estilo Mexicanas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place chicken in a large saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Drain; let cool slightly. Shred chicken with 2 forks; set aside.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, cilantro and jalapeño, and saute until onion is tender. Add shredded chicken and 1 can enchilada sauce, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour remaining 2 cans enchilada sauce into a small skillet; bring to a simmer. Dip tortillas, 1 at a time, into enchilada sauce; divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas, and roll up.
5. Place enchiladas, seamside down, in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Pour warm enchilada sauce over enchiladas; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until enchiladas are thoroughly heated and cheese melts.
6. Sprinkle evenly with tomato and olives. Serve each enchilada over 1/2 cup lettuce.
Enjoy this delicious enchiladas Mexican recipe!