8 Taco Size Flour Tortillas4 oz. Mojo Croillo1 ripe Plaintain sliced and sauteed until crispy6 Green Onions sliced thin1 Tomato diced fine8 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese gratedJuice from one Lime1 Salsa (optional) to taste2 oz. Vegetable OilSour Cream (optional) to tasteServe with Yellow Rice and Black Beans4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
Chicken Plantain al Mojo Criollo Tostada Recipe
1. Marinate chicken one hour in mojo.
2. Grill chicken on open flame grill, turning frequently: approximately six minutes per side (Option: if grill is not available you can bake in 400 degree F. oven approximately twelve minutes.). Cool. Dice into 1/4-inch pieces.
3. Place tortillas on clean work surface. Evenly divide chicken, plantains, tomato and green onions into each tortilla. Drizzle lime juice and (if desired) hot sauce. Top with two oz. cheese on each tortilla. Place another tortilla on top and press gently.
4. Preheat and non-stick pan until medium hot; then place oil in hot pan. Place tostada in pan; brown both sides approximately 45 seconds per side.
5. Place on a serving platter; serve with black beans and yellow rice (sour cream is an optional garnish for tostada).
Enjoy this delicious chicken plantain tostada Mexican recipe!