Pork Taquitos with Guacamole Recipe
10 -12 Mission® Corn Tortillas1 1/2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil1/2 cup Onions diced2-3 Serrano Chiles minced1/2 lb. cooked Pork shredded1 large Tomato peeled, seeded and choppedGuacamole for dippingVegetable Oil
1. Saute onion in oil until soft. Stir in chilies and shredded pork, cook until meat is hot. Stir in tomato, cook 1 minute.
2. Brush tortillas lightly with vegetable oil. Heat in microwave or in oven. Place 1 tablespoon filling in a narrow strip 1 inch from the edge of each tortilla. Roll up tightly. Fasten in center with a wooden pick.
3. Pour oil 1/2 inch deep into a medium skillet. Oil must be hot enough for tacos to sizzle when you place them into the skillet. Fry several taquitos at a time until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Remove wooden picks.
4. Serve immediately with guacamole for dipping. Taquitos may be cut in half for easier dipping.
5. To freeze: refrigerate taquitos about 1 hour after frying. Wrap 10-12 taquitos in heavy foil or freezer wrap. Store in freezer and use within 2 months.
6. To serve frozen taquitos, remove from freezer, unwrap and place in a baking dish. Cover lightly with foil. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 20-30 minutes, or until heated through.
Enjoy this delicious pork taquitos with guacamole Mexican recipe!