Courtesy of Mission Foods
|Recipe Ingredients: |
1 lb. Farmer John® Hot Louisiana Sausage
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 cup Butter
2 large Yellow Onions chopped
1/2 cup Celery chopped
1 large Green Bell Pepper chopped
1 large Red Bell Pepper chopped
2 tsps. fresh Garlic minced
1 cup Mushrooms sliced
3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
28 oz. canned Crushed Tomatoes
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
2 large Bay Leaves
2 Tbsp. dried Thyme
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 lb. Medium-Sized Raw Shrimp peeled and deveined
1/4 cup fresh Parsley chopped
4 cups White Rice cooked
8 12 inch Mission® Flour Tortillas
1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
|Recipe Instructions: |
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet. Sauté sausage until browned.
2. Add onions, celery and bell peppers, sauté 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Add flour and cook for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice and chicken broth. Add bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper and cayenne. Continue to cook until thick, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Cover and place in oven for 45 minutes. Stir shrimp and parsley into Jambalaya, continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Place 1/2 cup of white rice and 1 cup of Jambalaya on each tortilla. Garnish with cheese. Wrap and serve.
Enjoy this delicious jambalaya recipe!
Type of recipe: Seafood
| Preparation Time (min): |
| Cook Time (min): |
| Prep Tool: Oven |