Courtesy of Mission Foods
|Recipe Ingredients: |
1 1/2 lbs. flank steak
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
2 cups hot water
1 large bell pepper
1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
2 tomtatoes, peeled and chopped
10 large eggs
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
8 flour tortillas
|Recipe Instructions: |
1. To prepare the steak, cut into 3-4 pieces and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Heat a very heavy pan with a tight-fitting lid. Add 1 tablespoon oil and brown the meat on each side.
2. Add hot water and cover tightly. Simmer on low heat for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat shreds easily. Add more water during cooking if necessary. When the meat is tender, shred into small bite-sized pieces.
3. Cut the onions and green pepper into thin slices and finely mince the jalapeño pepper.
4. In a large, heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil; add the onions and green peppers. Sauté until onions are translucent and limp. Add the chopped fresh tomato and the minced jalapeño and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
5. Add the shredded meat, 10 eggs that have been slightly beaten, and the shredded cheese. Proceed as though you were scrambling eggs.
6. Warm the flour tortillas while cooking the filling. Fill each tortilla with one-eighth of the mixture. Serve immediately.
Enjoy this delicious steak and eggs burritos Mexican recipe!
Type of recipe: Appetizers
| Preparation Time (min): |
| Cook Time (min): 30 |
| Prep Tool: Stovetop |