Kalamata Olives - Roland Pitted Kalamata Olives - 72 oz
Roland Pitted Kalamata Olives are a large almond shaped olive, purple-black in color with a strong, distinct flavor. These olives are from the Kalamata region of Greece. The olive is firm to medium soft, and is rich and fruity in flavor. Roland Pitted Kalamata Olives are ready to use right out of the container. The full flavor of this olive is best when used at room temperature. Pitted Kalamata Olives are perfect for appetizers. Throw them into a pasta sauce for that special flavor. May also be chopped or sliced for cooking and baking.
Chicken Mediterranean with Kalamata Olives
Greek Olives add meaningful flavor to many recipes such as this one for chicken braised or simmered with olives, lemon and tomatoes. Recipe Yield: 12 Servings.
9 Tbsp. Roland Pure Olive Oil
9 lbs. Whole chicken, cut into pieces
6 each Fresh garlic cloves, crushed
6 each Shallots, minced
3 cups Roland White Cooking Wine
3 each Lemons, thinly sliced
2 1/4 cups Roland Sun Dried Tomatoes, julienne strips
2 1/4 cups Roland Pitted Kalamata Olives, cut in half
3/4 tsp. Black pepper, ground
• Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and brown for about 5 minutes on each side.
• Add the garlic and shallots; saute for 2 minutes turning the chicken at least once.
• Add the white cooking wine, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
• Add the sliced lemon, tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle with pepper.
• Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Aceitunas Kalamata - Roland Aceitunas Kalamata Deshuesadas - 72 oz
Las aceitunas Kalamatas deshuezadas son perfectas como aperitivo. Incluyalas en salsas para un sabor especial y distintivo.